This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Message & Goals

"My hope still is to leave the world a bit better than when I got here." - Jim Henson

Welcome to the Work Group Dedicated to Player Experience!

We have, perhaps, the toughest job of all of the workgroups ahead of ourselves. The simming community isn't at all what it used to be. Yet, we still find newcomers to the game and seasoned veterans always looking to come out of retirement.

Simming has changed significantly over the years, from chatrooms to forums to play by email and now, the dominant favorite, Nova. But one thing hasn't changed, the need for Exceptional Player Experience. What attracts a player to your game, to the fleet, and most importantly, what gets them to stay?

Let's look at our overall objective, as outlined by the BFCC:

PLAYER EXPERIENCE: Look at how things could be changed to make things easier and more fun for players and game masters; look at how we might help struggling simms more rather than just penalizing them for not getting/staying active; consider how the Fleet can make itself more valuable in general to the players so they are encouraged to engage beyond just their simm, such as through events or services; consider systems of reward such as the HoH.
    In this workgroup, we'll be dissecting this objective, as outlined by the multiple discussion threads.

But we do not have to stop there. If you have a concern or a topic you'd like to discuss, start a thread. Issues are not meant to be taboo here. Veterans, do not be afraid to share what works and what doesn't work for you. We're here for the players, and the sims they play on.

To those that have volunteered to help with this group, I thank you, and I look forward to our discussions.

To those who are watching from the outside, I hope you are intrigued by our discussions. Should you desire to join us, please use the form provided by the BFCC and we'll get you plugged in.

Before joining the discussion, please review our agenda to get started.

Excelsior!
    Last edited by greenfelt22; 01-10-2017, 10:12 PM.
    Former CRO, LO, BFCC, and TF72CO.
Working...
X