This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenfelt22 View Post
    At this point, the consensus seems to be that not announcing everything at once is suitable.

Moving forward, this system will actually change with the BFMS. Nominations are handled in the backend, so it's easy to nominate yourself or a fellow player for awards. Once the nomination is entered, the HOH Admin can review it immediately. If it's Level 1, it can be awarded on the spot and instantly shows up in the player's bio (Neat, right!?). If it's Level 2 or Higher, the Admin can move it along accordingly.

I believe what we need to do as a Workgroup is:
    • Evaluate the current awards.
    • Determine if changes/removals/additions need to be made.
    Any volunteers to start?
    Happy to help. I think the ideas are great, and could also lead into an FNS article once we get moving on rebuilding the FNS. Not to be a downer on this, but I'm trying to find the merits in having players nominate for their own awards. Would it not be easier and frankly, a safe option to have CO's and higher, that way, we can avoid running the risk of issues like I gave an example of where would need to rescind an award. Just putting it on the table...
    Captain Anthony Richardson - Commanding Officer, USS Excalibur

Comment

Originally posted by Richardson View Post

Happy to help. I think the ideas are great, and could also lead into an FNS article once we get moving on rebuilding the FNS. Not to be a downer on this, but I'm trying to find the merits in having players nominate for their own awards. Would it not be easier and frankly, a safe option to have CO's and higher, that way, we can avoid running the risk of issues like I gave an example of where would need to rescind an award. Just putting it on the table...
      It depends on the award. When it comes things to like the Dedication Citations or the IC Badges for the different conflicts and such... that would come from the player. That's also why each award has specific requirements. Should a player nominate himself for say, Medal of Collaboration, that nomination would be rejected as it did not come from a proper source. That's also why there's a HOH Admin and a Committee to vet these nominations and act accordingly.
      Former CRO, LO, BFCC, and TF72CO.

Comment

Originally posted by greenfelt22 View Post

It depends on the award. When it comes things to like the Dedication Citations or the IC Badges for the different conflicts and such... that would come from the player. That's also why each award has specific requirements. Should a player nominate himself for say, Medal of Collaboration, that nomination would be rejected as it did not come from a proper source. That's also why there's a HOH Admin and a Committee to vet these nominations and act accordingly.
        I think in that sense, that criteria thing that was discussed would be good. Can BFMS be built with a checker of sorts so that if a player does try to nominate for an award they are inelgible to nominate for, the system would pick it up and let them know? or will that be done at the HoH team level?
        Captain Anthony Richardson - Commanding Officer, USS Excalibur

Comment

Greenfelt I will help as well with going through the awards. I know that some awards are not really used and maybe we can make or promote them.

We do need some rules as to what qualifies someone for the award as there are times now that we have awards that we have to discuss and then determine that a person isn't qualified for.

If we could have bascule check done quickly based on criteria that we need to design maybe it would make things easier
          Formerly Lt General Jagged Anderson Academy Commandant
          Formerly Rear Admiral Diego Macedo TFCO Task Force 38

Comment

I think in that sense, that criteria thing that was discussed would be good. Can BFMS be built with a checker of sorts so that if a player does try to nominate for an award they are inelgible to nominate for, the system would pick it up and let them know? or will that be done at the HoH team level?
            I don't think the system is ready for rejecting or preventing such things. From what I understand, it will be a later feature. For now, the HoH admin will have to vet, which is easy enough.

Thank you zyrell for volunteering. What I will do is establish a Google Sheet with all of the awards (which it seems we are close to 90...) that we can review accordingly.
            Former CRO, LO, BFCC, and TF72CO.

Comment

No problem Greeny. Been on HoH for too long and want to see it grow or shrink lol
              Formerly Lt General Jagged Anderson Academy Commandant
              Formerly Rear Admiral Diego Macedo TFCO Task Force 38

Comment

Can BFMS be built with a checker of sorts so that if a player does try to nominate for an award they are inelgible to nominate for, the system would pick it up and let them know?
                It will be doing this at launch Based on your context as a player, a CO or a task force staffer, you can nominate different awards.
                Bravo Fleet Academy Officer

Formerly...
                BFCC / BFXO / BFIO / TF38CO / TF72CO / TF93CO

Comment

Working...
                X