Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about just giving everyone the ability to submit news items? We could add constraints explaining what sort of stories are appropriate, but it might be a good way to get more involvement from people we might not otherwise expect (right now, all COs can, as well as anyone given the role of FNS Contributor). That's not to say that they can publish, but why not let everyone submit?
    Bravo Fleet Academy Officer

Formerly...
    BFCC / BFXO / BFIO / TF38CO / TF72CO / TF93CO

Comment

Originally posted by JonM View Post
      What about just giving everyone the ability to submit news items? We could add constraints explaining what sort of stories are appropriate, but it might be a good way to get more involvement from people we might not otherwise expect (right now, all COs can, as well as anyone given the role of FNS Contributor). That's not to say that they can publish, but why not let everyone submit?
      Actually, I support this 100 percent. This is a great idea.
      Former CRO, LO, BFCC, and TF72CO.

Comment

Yeah, this would also enhance player's involvement in BF development. I concur.

Comment

This would be good. I'm liking the idea!

Comment

We'll give this idea a couple days for any potential objections, but, unless there are objections raised here, I think it's fair to say that this could move forward very quickly.
            Bravo Fleet Academy Officer

Formerly...
            BFCC / BFXO / BFIO / TF38CO / TF72CO / TF93CO

Comment

I think, barring a couple simple guidelines, this would be easily accomplished. I'd like to see canon updates, sim updates, even new sim arrivals and even promotions.

As far as guidelines, I'd just say third-person writing style, a minimum word count and a notice that all articles would be reviewed by FNS staff prior to publication. We make it too strict, no one would participate.

Comment

greenfelt22 I love that. We might consider having some stock photos (or preload all the sim banners with access rights to members) so each news item has an image and such. I guess the editors can fix this but it'd be good to provide some baseline perhaps. But that's in the weeds. I like opening this up a bit for the sim updates and such!

Comment

Originally posted by Caymen View Post
                  greenfelt22 I love that. We might consider having some stock photos (or preload all the sim banners with access rights to members) so each news item has an image and such. I guess the editors can fix this but it'd be good to provide some baseline perhaps. But that's in the weeds. I like opening this up a bit for the sim updates and such!
                  In the past, it's only taken me about 5 minutes to whip up an article picture, so I'm not too worried about those logistics. We could even open up the submissions to add a picture, also subject to rights and approval.

Comment

Originally posted by greenfelt22 View Post
                    I think, barring a couple simple guidelines, this would be easily accomplished. I'd like to see canon updates, sim updates, even new sim arrivals and even promotions.

As far as guidelines, I'd just say third-person writing style, a minimum word count and a notice that all articles would be reviewed by FNS staff prior to publication. We make it too strict, no one would participate.
                    I'm very much in favour of that system. With FNS Staff (currently myself, not sure who else; haven't got the list) able to review, we can easily have FNS articles coming out on a regular basis. I'm sure most people would be aware that FNS staff can make minor grammatical changes to ensure we have quality articles coming out. Things like that.
                    Captain Anthony Richardson - Commanding Officer, USS Excalibur

Comment

At this point, I'm planning to have the minimum around 200-250 words. These aren't mission posts, and forcing a length of say 500 words could be too much and could detract people from contributing.

Comment

With the ability for all to submit articles now open to all COs and players, we've taken a grand step forward. Richardson has regrettably had to withdraw from the office of Editor in Chief, so that position is now again open. Is there anyone here who would like to regularly submit articles?

Comment

Working...
                        X