X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HoH Community Report - May 2017

Hello,

This is the first of what I will be eventually trying to get out on a reasonable basis as a report to the community on the progress of the HoH our fleet awards program. I am happy to report I feel like we are making progress even though we have lost a few committee members and there have been a few mix ups that were promptly corrected (Sorry if this happened to you; you know who you are). Now then on with the report. A note that I will be taking a brief leave for like a week to get some real-life things in order before I dive straight into some of these projects. If you need something during that time please see my gracious and powerful leader greenfelt22.

Awards Survey
    We will eventually be doing some type of survey.it is still being worked out what this will contain but the general goal of it will be to get an understanding of specifically what improvements we need to make here as well as if people like specific concepts which will be implemented later.

New Tier System
    We are working on developing a new tier system for awards though it is still in the beginning stages. The goal with this is to make a system that allows for someone to earn the same award in a tier-like fashion. An example of this would be if you got a recruitment award and continued to progress in that area someone could nominate you for the next level up and so on. Obviously this is a major change from how things are done now but it is a hope that this will make things a little simpler to understand and manage.

Restoration of old Awards and Recipients
    This is something that I feel needs to be done; part of this program is recognizing people for their accomplishments but if the accomplishments are flushed every few years how is that relevant… My goal is to eventually restore as much of the old records as we can locate. This is a longer-term goal though and for now if there is something someone has earned they just submit a nomination stating they earned it in the past, provide us proof of that and then we process it to get it added to BFMS for them.

In-Character Awards
    Currently the only medium we have of tracking IC awards is the wiki. We are working with the Internet Office to get IC awards in to BFMS. We are also talking about the future of what in character awards should be. I would be interested to hear what people think on this.

Player and Sim of the Month Awards
    The PotM and SotM awards currently occur for each TF each month. Recently I have been discussing this award with people to try and get their thoughts on it; if changes should be proposed to the BFA or if it should be kept as it is. As with the rest of the changes in the new HoH this is all to make things more community driven and maintained by the players of the community as well as make it feel more active here so if you have thoughts on this please feel free to bring them forward.

The goal of the HoH over the coming months is to reshape the way awards are handled within the fleet and move forward to more of a community driven approach to management as with the rest of the fleet. This program has had its ups and downs; for a while it stopped even really existing then there was a period of time where greenfelt22 was running it with members of the BFA because they had no one to help. It is my goal to restore everyone’s faith in this program and make this something the fleet as a whole can be proud of. If you have questions, ideas, concerns or just want to flog me for the HoH’s past feel free to reach out… The only way we can move forward is with community participation and involvement so it is my hope that with these changes some faith can be restored and community involvement encouraged in the awards process.

Thanks for reading,

Josh Hina (Plays Captain Yuka Layton)
    Hall of Honour Administrator – Bravo Fleet Logistics Office
    Discord/Skype/Disqus: risaxseph
    ~ IO Staff ~
    ~ Former TFXO, HoH Admin and Academy XO ~

Can I just say I think its great to see something like this and hopefully the other departments and maybe even the TFCOs can catch on and we can really see big improvements across the fleet. My only thing I want to bring up is in regards to the Player and Sim of the Month awards. I brought it up in my monthly report and a couple of other things, and that is the lack of reasons for why a simulation or player has been awarded the monthly award.

I'd like to see that returned, and not just a transcribed sentence, but the whole nomination reason. I know that requires the TFCO to provide the whole reason/nomination as it is shown on the report, but I think that would really be a good idea and return, allow those who are not sure on what a "good" nomination looks like, to help them with theirs and to help in showing what others look for when they are nominating to really provide that assistance to those who might not be really sure what others look at. I think that can really help with garnering more interest and nominations across the board. Provide those reasons.

I don't know if I kept it, but when I was TF72CO; I had a document shared with my TF with some examples of good and bad nominations to help them out.

Also, there isn't a way currently that CO's or players can find out whether a nomination they put in has been accepted. I know as I'm waiting on some time served awards to be approved for a couple of my crew but haven't seen or heard anything about that. Can we look at doing something like that, even just a quick reply email (if HoH is still getting emails about awards when they come in) just to say "Approved". That way, CO's can make those announcements to crew and players alike on their simulations, that way if a player has sent in the nomination, they can forward the approval to their CO so it can get sorted out on their website.

That's just my 2 cents worth.
    Captain Anthony Richardson - Commanding Officer, USS Excalibur

Comment

Presently, those on the HoH committee no longer receive emails about nominations. With the migration into BFMS, we have to check the system every so often. We did approve the nominations you put in not long after you submitted them, but it's our current practice now to announce awards once a month, and those awards are being held for that announcement.

As for notification on approvals, I'm sure we can figure out a system in that regard.

Thank you for your thoughts, Richardson. We will certainly take all of that into account as we move forward.
      Former CRO, LO, BFCC, and TF72CO.

Comment

Originally posted by greenfelt22 View Post
        Presently, those on the HoH committee no longer receive emails about nominations. With the migration into BFMS, we have to check the system every so often. We did approve the nominations you put in not long after you submitted them, but it's our current practice now to announce awards once a month, and those awards are being held for that announcement.

As for notification on approvals, I'm sure we can figure out a system in that regard.

Thank you for your thoughts, Richardson. We will certainly take all of that into account as we move forward.
        I very much appreciate that advice and suggestions here, and what seems to be across all of these groups, are actually taking under consideration. Really puts hope that BF is taking member feedback seriously and not just saying it to appease people.
        Captain Anthony Richardson - Commanding Officer, USS Excalibur

Comment

Working...
        X