No announcement yet.

Star Trek Discovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not overly excited about Discovery, to be honest.

I'm sick of Star Trek constantly being given the superhero treatment of prequels and relaunches.

The ship itself is possibly the ugliest looking thing I think I've ever seen in my life and I'm not overly excited about where the production of the show is going. It's also sad to think that in 2017, CBS couldn't even concede to giving a black woman four pips on her collar and center-screen... but perhaps that's just me.

I want something post-Nemesis, with new technology and starships that, thanks to our own developments in graphical and prosthetic technology and knowledge, we can now create and do justice too.

Regarding paying, cable wasn't just for Star Trek, it's for all cable television one would want to watch, so... everything.

CBS All-Access scarcely offers anything that isn't either already on television or found on Hulu, SeSo, or Netflix.

I would be paying for CBS All-Access just for Star Trek.
    Last edited by AnnatarYoung; 05-21-2017, 05:37 AM.
    • Brenk - Bartender - U.S.S. Southern Cross NCC-72685 (TF93)
    • Lieutenant JG Agron Drag'nah - Chief Flight Control Officer - U.S.S. Southern Cross NCC-72685 (TF93)
    • Lieutenant Raksha Chandra - Chief Engineering Officer - U.S.S. Venture NCC-71854 (TF93)
    • STARFLEET CORPS OF ENGINEERS SPECS COMMITTEE MEMBER

Comment

Star Trek has the worst fans...
      I wish I could use a telephone. Barking will have to do unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Anth View Post
        Star Trek has the worst fans...
        I agree my fellow canine friend.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPorthos View Post

I agree my fellow canine friend.
          Woof.
          I wish I could use a telephone. Barking will have to do unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnatarYoung View Post
            It's also sad to think that in 2017, CBS couldn't even concede to giving a black woman four pips on her collar and center-screen... but perhaps that's just me.
            *looks at the cast list which includes among other things a Chinese woman as a captain, an Indian-American medical officer, and a British-Indian lieutenant, and the listing of the central character being a black woman whom is first officer*

...yup, just you.
            You just read my post.

And now you are reading my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Gremlin View Post

*looks at the cast list which includes among other things a Chinese woman as a captain, an Indian-American medical officer, and a British-Indian lieutenant, and the listing of the central character being a black woman whom is first officer*

...yup, just you.
              Not to mention that it has already been explained ad nauseam. We've had five series and countless movies that had the commanding officer as the lead character. To change it up a bit, the first officer is going to be the lead and we're going to be seeing the universe through her. That doesn't mean that the rest of the cast won't get a chance to shine. It just means that it's likely there'll be more episodes that focus on her.

Comment

In their comic con highlights, I guess the main character Someone Martin-Green says "If you say you love the legacy of Star Trek but don't love (our diversity) you missed it."

I'm sorry but I find this a very arrogant statement as Trek has dealt with various forms of diversity for 50 years and counting. But if Discovery is going to play the identity politics card, I won't be watching.

Comment

Working...
                X