No announcement yet.

Sim Ideas You Have, But Lack The Wherewithal To Run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, FE...good times. Really wish my FE simm had gotten past the pre-mission (ie, recruiting) stages for that one, would've been fun. I had the USS Republic, Akira Class...a (mostly) intact derelict, sitting (mostly) lifeless in the middle of a mass ship graveyard from the Borg conflict, commanded by a salvage crew who had to get her up and running again to their best ability. Bridge was open to space, had to run things from Engineering and Auxilary Control/Battlebridge, makeshift quarters and living areas were going to be set up in the Cargo and Shuttlebays until debris and radiation could be cleared from the various blocked off sections of the ship...the contained Hydroponics bay would've gone wild due to the mixture of plants that survived there, sealed away with emergency life support functions...

Like a post-apocalyptic microcosm, contained in a single ship! With a crippled and aging engineer as the commander, an apt metaphor for the project.

Unfortunately, like a lot of (but not all) "high-conceptual" simms, it didn't take off. (I was also a lot younger then, and not as competant a recruiter as I turned into later...)

Like the USS Majestic (Concorde-class, converted from a starfighter carrier to a mobile embassy/TF command centre of sorts...failed to attract any real attention the first time, got close to launching the second time), IRV Rovaran (Romulan pirates! Deadly conspiracies! Colonial Warlords! In Spaaaaace!)...etc, didn't really take off. A dang shame.

Comment

The political sim certainly is generating some interest. It came up in conversation on Discord and there was some more interest there. I think we ought to try it, anyone up for commanding it?

Comment

My predecessor for 38 tried that style and didn't get it running before he ran out of time. It can work but is going to be hard
        Formerly Lt General Jagged Anderson Academy Commandant
        Formerly Rear Admiral Diego Macedo TFCO Task Force 38

Comment

I don't think there's an aspect of simming that isn't hard. If people want to give these a shot, I wish them the best of luck, especially since the interest is there and growing.

Comment

The political sim idea is getting off the ground. I'm just trying to balance what I have envisioned for it, to what others who have said they are interested and want to be involved want for it as well. We still need a name for the simulation, but the premise will be based around a "The West Wing" style simulation. Something that hasn't been done before here in Bravo Fleet.

Current Task Group "Themis" Commanding Officer
            Former BFA Member and Task Force 72 Commanding Officer (2012 -2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Richardson View Post
              The political sim idea is getting off the ground. I'm just trying to balance what I have envisioned for it, to what others who have said they are interested and want to be involved want for it as well. We still need a name for the simulation, but the premise will be based around a "The West Wing" style simulation. Something that hasn't been done before here in Bravo Fleet.
              Weird quoting myself... but an update. Probably either today or tomorrow, I'll have the proposal submitted for the political/West Wing simulation, so hopefully soon it will be open. We will get this moving!

Current Task Group "Themis" Commanding Officer
              Former BFA Member and Task Force 72 Commanding Officer (2012 -2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Norton I View Post
                Has there been any consideration of rebooting Futility's End? I know there was a couple years ago here, which seemed to die on the vine unfortunately. Sadly, and I want to dismiss all the politics around the issue of the FE/BF split, Albert passed away a few years ago. I was considering reaching out to his family member to see about the possibility of peace and togetherness. However, their forum has gone derelict and I cannot even get an automated confirmation email on a membership registration to even be able to see an email address or to message.
                I am alberts nephew. My dad was Alex Sr he ran FE before Albert.

My uncle Alberts and my Dads old email captaindavies@gmail.com still works. I tried to get into playing a year or so ago but i got bullied away by some people and my mom made me stay away.

I am always willing to talk to people who knew or wrote with them.

Comment

I have thought about bringing back my idea that was inspired by the Star Trek Uncharted concept. This time I don't think I would use the Yorktown. I think maybe Endeavour would be more fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by ApCJr View Post

I am alberts nephew. My dad was Alex Sr he ran FE before Albert.

My uncle Alberts and my Dads old email captaindavies@gmail.com still works. I tried to get into playing a year or so ago but i got bullied away by some people and my mom made me stay away.

I am always willing to talk to people who knew or wrote with them.
                    Hello. My response is delayed, as I generally only pop in on a blue moon these days. I'm glad to see you are in the Bravofleet community.

Comment

I have ideas that come and go, in waves and various colors.

Post-apocalyptic in the Federation, where instead of Hobus being destroyed, it was Wolf 359 and Earth was caught in the explosion
                      A regular sim, but only with lower decks people - the janitor being the GM really makes me chuckle
                      A dedicated fighter squadron with no ship - insert obligatory "OOK!" here
                      A 31st century simulation of the Temporal Integrity Commission and temporal agents throughout the ages
                      A simulation of the Romulan Senate
                      Entire swaths of history told from the perspective of historians uncovering and cataloging documents detailing a part of a conflict not heard of or something inaccurate
                      You just read my post.

And now you are reading my signature.

Comment

Working...
                      X