Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 2018 - Operations & Intelligence (O&I) Brief

OOC:

Howdy all! We took a step back from the O&I Brief last month to tweak some things in the TF behind the scenes. We have returned this month, so feel free to pull up a chair!

Background
    Greetings TF93, one of our new initiatives is starting an Operations & Intelligence Brief IC utilizing your sim reports that COs send each month. This information is intended for a couple reasons: 1) To showcase everyone's storyline on one map, providing an operational picture of our TF and 2) To encourage interaction across the TF.

Part of this initiative is also standing up a HQ Staff IC with the first position being the Director of Intelligence for TF93. Your duties will be advising the TFCO & TFXO, plus the rest of the Task Force staff (once appointed) on matters of intelligence. This position is largely IC and OOC duties will be assisting in formulating TF93's storyline as needed. If you are interested, please PM me here or in Discord! You DO NOT need to be a CO to become a member of HQ TF93 Staff.

For the Ops & Intel Brief, or O&I for short, I will post a map each month and any CO/XO (I say command staff as that's who usually dials into these command-level briefs IRL) may "dial in" IC into the thread and ask questions. I don't expect every sim to be "dialed in" at all times, yet it is there as an opportunity. The HQ Staff will be conducting a brief. Time is fluid and I don't expect us to synchronize time at all as that's just a big unnecessary hassle. So, each month's brief will remain open until the next month and there is no need to reference time points. We are treating these briefs as occurring "now" whatever that means for you IC. Generally, these briefs are given on a daily/weekly basis IRL, so don't worry about things being out of sync.

If there are any questions, please let me know!

NOTE: Map positions were plotted with best available information from sim reports. If the plot is wrong, just let us know OOC or IC in this thread!

Without further ado.

IC:

PROVIDENCE FLEET YARDS
    HQ TF93 SECURE CONFERENCE ROOM

"ADMIRAL ON DECK!" someone announced as everyone stood on their feet.

Banda entered the room along with a Commander who was more akin to a robot.

"Please, be seated," Banda commanded as she took her seat at the head of the table and the Commander took her seat along the edge. "Also, please welcome our new Director of Strategic Plans, Commander Calida."

There was applause around the table.

At the head of the room, the all too familiar Lieutenant Commander greeted everyone and the slide changed from the TF93 logo to a map (click to enlarge):

"Admiral: As we notified you earlier, Deep Space 14 is under Romulan attack. Captain Sharpe is reportedly KIA and we've been in communication with the Station XO, Lieutenant Commander Lin Caran, although the situation is quite fluid and chaotic."

"As I can imagine. I also see the Romulan virus has extended to the USS Palatine while it is within this fleet yard?" Banda turned to the Director of Intelligence, CDR Demochev. "It appears this is confirmation of what we discussed a couple months ago, Commander Demochev. The Romulans seem to be rearing their heads."

Banda was referring to January's O&I when Outpost Curtiss was combating the Romulan virus, yet it was not clear what the Romulans intended.

formerly Javok

Lieutenant Commander Ras Th'zaanaq entered the briefing room and jogged towards Admiral Banda at the head of the table. The Andorian Deputy Of Intelligence for Task Force 93 had a very good reason for bursting in.

“”My apologies for interrupting, Admiral, but I think you need to see this.”” The Andorian said as he passed the Task Force Commander a padd. “”We’’ve just received word from the Tornado, they’’ve managed to rescue all of Starfleet’s prisoners being held by the Soveriegnty of Kahless and are on route back to Providence Shipyard.””
    Last edited by JackColburn; 04-17-2018, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X