Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest Check: STO-era Sim

Friends,

I am contemplating setting up an STO-era sim. I believe some of us discussed this in the older RSB forums, but nothing was ever solidified. I have several years experience running such a sim and I would love to give it a go here now.

Pros:
    • The entire galaxy is basically at war, so pick your enemy! This would probably be a one off (not tied to an area like in some of the TFs) so the ship could go and do any mission.[/*:m:8pqd5lrj]
    • Technology is vastly improved, including ships and ground weapons. Some amazing stuff to play with![/*:m:8pqd5lrj]
    • Uniforms are nice now that they'd worked on a standard (viewtopic.php?f=64&t=357). Might have to bug Kuro for some newer pips. [/*:m:8pqd5lrj]

Cons:
    • The year has been 2409 since 2009 and that likely won't change anytime soon. Eventually the Sim would need to depart from that time and jump, although we could take it slow so that we truly count "mission days" meaning we might take 3-6 months real time to do a mission but IC it only takes 10 days, saving us some valuable 2409 time.[/*:m:8pqd5lrj]
    • The game changes a couple times a year, like with the Romulan Republic (who would be Fed-aligned in this sim) last year. We'd have to be prepared to change things once in a while.[/*:m:8pqd5lrj]

So, who would be interested or be willing to share the idea with their shipmates/friends should it go? Any questions or suggestions? I think I have the time/energy to make this happen provided I can get a crew.

Caymen

Re: Interest Check: STO-era Sim

STO is now in the year 2410 following the events of the mission "Surface Tension".

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPorthos
      STO is now in the year 2410 following the events of the mission "Surface Tension".
      About time! Good to know we can progress a bit then.

Comment

I would share it with my crew.
        CO - USS Beifong

Comment

I thought I would bump this. I plan on pitching the idea to TF99 and spinning up a Nova site and see if I can get a decent design going. If anyone has feedback on the above bullets, I welcome them. Plenty of time for planning!

Caymen

Comment

I have dived in head-first and we're going to make this a reality. Join us in this new adventure in the 2409 timeline. It will be a blast!

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=461

Caymen

Comment

Working...
            X